Monday, December 14, 2009

NEED A GREAT GIFT IDEA?


To the Crafters and Quilters ………
Need a Great Gift Idea?

To all of you crafters and quilters out there – are you tired of being asked to sew on buttons or mend garments for your friends and family?

Do you have friends afraid to touch a needle and thread?

Want to have to have a quilting party, but have friends who really don’t know the basics of hand sewing.
Try this idea. As an avid sewer for most of my life, I was continually asked by friends and co-workers, to mend their garments. I was always replacing and re-sewing their lost buttons and ripped hems, then, I decided to change my approach. I told them that they had a choice – to pay $10 to sew on each button or I would show them how to do it themselves. Invariably, most chose the latter.

This book would be perfect book for them to learn the basics.


Crafters – ever read directions for your projects that include some basic sewing, but no instructions are given. This is the perfect book to accompany your crafting directions.

While my book caters to non-sewers, it is certainly a book every sewer needs in their collection. Who doesn’t need a quick reference to mending fixes? Chapters include basics from threading a needle and sewing on buttons to more advanced lessons, such as fixing seams and buttonholes, ironing techniques, repairing broken zippers, among other lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment